Homemade Pizza: Step-By-Step Recipe
Nowadays, pizza is one of the most famous and beloved Italian dishes all over the world. People in the Apennines have been eating crusts with vegetables and cheese cooked in a wood-burning stove since ancient times. It would be challenging to find a person who doesn’t like pizza. No surprise here, since the ingredients of this dish can be adjustable, and everyone can find the type of pizza they’ll enjoy.
Baking pizza on your own may seem difficult at first, but it’s really not. The key to a delicious pizza is, of course, dough. And no store-bought dough can compare to the homemade one. Here is an easy pizza recipe, baked in Betty Crocker pizza maker, including the sauce and the list of toppings.
- flour – 2 cups;
- salt – ½ teaspoon;
- dry yeast – 1 teaspoon;
- oil – 3 tbsp. spoons;
- warm water – ¾ glasses.
- one head of onion;
- ½ head of garlic;
- olive oil – 2 tbsp.;
- tomato paste – 100 g;
- sugar – 1 tbsp.;
- dried basil – 1 teaspoon;
- dried oregano – ½ teaspoon.
- salami – 200 g;
- mushrooms – 50 g;
- mozzarella – 200 g;
- bacon – 50 g;
Preparing Pizza Dough
In this recipe, pizza dough is prepared quickly and easily. Note that it is better to use olive oil here to add some spiciness to the crust. Also, before mixing the flour with other components, it is better to sift it first, so the dough will be softer.
- Take sifted flour, salt, and yeast and mix them together.
- Add water, half of the amount of the oil, and mix it with the help of mixing paddle attachment. Then, using a mixer with a dough hook, knead it on medium speed for 7-10 minutes.
- Put the rest of the oil into the bowl. Then turn the dough around so that it gets completely coated with the olive oil. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise. When the dough rises, it will be twice as big as it was before. You can put the dough in the fridge if needed.
Cooking Pizza Sauce
Homemade pizza only benefits from a delicious sauce. You can use ready-made ketchup, but the taste of the dish will not be the same. It is better to prepare the sauce yourself, using all of the ingredients mentioned on the list above. It is much better to apply the sauce to the crust after it is slightly chilled.
- Finely chop the onions. Then peel and crush the garlic with the help of a knife or a press.
- Preheat your pan and add the oil. You can use whichever oil you prefer, but we recommend using the olive one. Fry the onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Add tomato paste. Mix it up and then put all of the spices. You can change the type of spices and their amount according to your personal preferences.
- Proceed to stew the sauce for about 10 minutes.
Making Pizza Topping
You can use a variety of different pizza toppings at home. We are going to provide you with a quite popular selection of ingredients, but you can adjust it according to your taste in any way. People often use salami, mushrooms, and cheese, so let’s take them. Bacon, cut into thin slices, will be nice too. Due to the fact that you have to cook only mushrooms, the process of preparing these pizza toppings shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes. Note that it’s better not to load up your pizza with too many toppings.
- Fry the mushrooms on a pan till they’re cooked properly.
- Cut your salami and bacon.
- Grate mozzarella with a cheese grater. If you are using fresh mozzarella, then it’s too soft for grating, and it’s better to just cut it in pieces. You can also experiment with some additional cheese beside it. Some of the great options are gouda, parmesan, blue cheeses, provolone, sulguni, cheddar, muenster, Emmental, etc.
- You can use some vegetables like tomatoes, olives, etc., and any greens you prefer.
Baking the Pizza
There are lots of ways of baking your pizza. Some people prefer to use the oven; some choose the microwave, and others manage to do it in a pan. We’ll be using Betty Crocker pizza maker since it’s much easier and faster than using the usual oven.
- At this point, you should have premade topping ingredients, cooled sauce, and already rolled-out pizza dough. Make sure to flatten the dough carefully so that it is about 1/2-inch thick. Continue to roll it out until it is from 10 to 12 inches in diameter.
- Now you have to brush its top with some olive oil. It will help the dough not to get soggy because of the toppings. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- Spoon on all of your sauce. Make sure you don’t put too much, since the crust will be too soggy.
- Put on all of the toppings. If you use only the mozzarella, put half of it first, then all of the other ingredients, and another half on top. If you have more than one type of cheese, use mozzarella as a base. Another type of cheese can be placed on the top.
- Now you need to plug the pizza maker into a power outlet and wait till it’ll heat up. You’ll know when it’s done due to the ready-to-bake light. Don’t touch its hot metal plates so as not to burn yourself.
- Put your pizza in and let it bake for about 10-15 minutes. Then take out a ready-to-eat pizza.
- Unplug your oven and wait until it completely cools down. After that, you can clean it up. Usually, wiping it is enough.
Enjoy Your Pizza!
With the development of modern technologies, you don’t have to spend half of the day preparing pizza; all it takes is an hour or so. The most difficult part is probably deciding which sauce and topping you want. Preparing them afterward, together with making the pizza dough, is quite easy, as well as baking it all with the help of a handy pizza maker. All you have to do is to have the right device, fresh ingredients, follow the guide above, and enjoy the process of creating your homemade pizza!